Sport Relief was founded in 2002 by Comic Relief to get the nation active and raise cash to change lives both at home and across the world¹s poorest countries.
Since then the great British public has raised over £124 million including a record breaking £44 million in 2010.
The Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile is coming on Sunday 25th March and there's no better way to take part in the UK's biggest year of sport.
With hundreds of Mile events taking place across the country - it's your chance to run, jump, skip, space hop and even gallop your way to raising cash and helping others along the way.
As part of the NHS Sports and Physical Activity Challenge for 2012, Sport Relief will record how many NHS employees/trusts take part and in turn select events to attend and film to promote on their website.
To request further information including details on how to take part in the Mile or to hold your own fundraiser please visit the Sport Relief website http://www.sportrelief.com/
Please remember to enter your workplace teams NOW for GoFrit’s Pedometer Challenge for Sports Relief
- Set up your team at www.teamsomersetnhs.co.uk Go to “Team Challenges”
- Set up your sponsorship giving page at http://www.sportrelief.com/fundraise/fundraise-online
- Start collecting sponsorship
- Clip on your pedometers when you wake up on 23rd March
- Count your steps on the 23rd, 24th, 25th and until 9am on the 26th
- Log in at www.teamsomersetnhs.co.uk
- Enter your steps on your log activity page
- Win gold silver or bronze medals for yourself, your workplace team and your go for it challenge team
- Most steps done
- Most sponsorship achieved
You can also enter as an individual.
No pedometer? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your free one.